The MPPT Boost Charge Controller uses US Made processor and an improved high-speed tracking MPPT algorithm to track the maximum power of the solar panels quickly. This boost controller can be set for various output voltages, such as 96V, 84V, 72V, 60V, and 48V 36V.
This Boost Charger Controller adopts the upgraded MPPT algorithm with high conversion efficiency. With the help of this controller, 18V solar panels can charge 60V and 72V batteries, while many controllers cannot.
This boost MPPT solar controller can be used for electric vehicles, Golf Carts, ebike, camper trailers, marine, yachts, RVs, Trike, electric three-wheeled/four-wheeled vehicles to effectively increase driving distance, or for home off-grid solar power systems.
Enhanced Boost Charge Controller Released in 2023:
Tips for use
- The boost controller supports 24V 36V 48V 60V 72V 84V 96V multi-voltage setting. When installing the controller for the first time, ensure the Battery is sufficiently charged to recognize the correct battery voltage.
- Install the controller as close to the Battery as possible to avoid the system voltage drop caused by long wires, which may affect proper voltage recognition.
- This MPPT Boost Charge controller can be used to charge lead-acid batteries, sonic ion batteries, iron phosphate batteries, Li-Ion batteries, AGM battery Gel batteries etc.
- The controller can be connected to an off-grid solar system or AC charger to use, work simultaneously, and be used in multiple stacks!
- Install the controller in a flat and ventilated position.
Three(3) models are available for Chose, SC330 and SC430 for 24V 36V 48V 60V 72V Batteries, SC400 is suitable for 72V 84V 96V batteries.
SC330 / SC430 Parameter Sheet
|Lead Acid Battery
|Li ion Battery
|Solar Panels Voltage
|8 Strings 8×3.2V
|12 Strings 12×3.2V
|16 Strings 16×3.2V
|20 Strings 20×3.2V
|24 Strings 24×3.2V
|13 Strings 13×3.7V
|14 Strings 14×3.7V
|17 Strings 17×3.7V
|20 Strings 20×3.7V
SC400 Parameter Sheet
|Lead Acid Battery
|Li ion Battery
|Solar Panels Voltage
|24 Strings 8×3.2V
|28 Strings 12×3.2V
|32 Strings 16×3.2V
|Solar Panels Power
24U/36U/48U/60U/72U refer to 24V/36V/48V/60V/72V conventional battery and gel battery
48L refer to 48V lithium battery (13 strings of 3.7V lithium battery, maximum voltage 54.6V)
60L refer to 60V lithium battery (17 strings of 3.7V lithium battery, maximum voltage 71.4V)
72L refer to 72V Li-ion battery (20 strings of 3.7V Li-ion battery, maximum voltage 84V)
48H refer to 48V lithium battery (14 strings of 3.7V lithium battery, maximum voltage 58.8V)
Before setting, make sure the battery type and voltage are right selected. Otherwise, damage may occur.
Solar Panel Selection:
In 24V, and 36V gears, solar panels with an open circuit voltage of 22V or less can be used. In 48V-72V equipment, solar panels with an open circuit voltage of 48V or less can be used.
Waterproof models (SC330) use with 30V-45V solar panels, the maximum solar panel power is 260W, with 18V solar panels, the maximum power is 160W
upgraded models (SC430) use with 30V-45V solar panels, the maximum solar panel power is 335W, with 18V solar panels maximum power is 200W
2020 wind fan models with 30V-45V solar panels, the maximum solar panel power is 450W, with 18V solar panels, the maximum power of is 250W
Note: The open-circuit voltage refers to the voltage of the solar panel when it is not connected to any load under sunlight.
As it is a boost controller, when charging 24V and 36V Battery, you can only use the open-circuit voltage 21V solar panels
solar panels on the market mainly marked as nominal 18V (open circuit voltage of about 21V), 30V 31V (open circuit voltage of about 36V-38V) and 36V (open circuit voltage of about 42V) ，all those panels under 300W can work with the boost controller.
If you have some 18V solar panels, if there are more than one, you can connect every two pieces in series, and then in parallel, the total power should not exceed 300W.
If you can’t tell the voltage of your Battery, the simple formula is: 2 batteries are 24V, 3 batteries are 36V, 4 batteries are 48V, 5 batteries are 60V, 6 batteries are 72V, 8 batteries are 96V.
MPPT Boost Charge Controller Features:
Boost Charge (Low Voltage to High Voltage)
The industrial-grade main control chip
LED digital display, voltage and current can be displayed
MPPT Maximum power point tracking algorithm to maximize solar conversion efficiency
Built-in overcurrent/short circuit protection, reverse connection protection
Dual MOS anti-backflow circuit, ultra-low heat generation
System connection diagram
- Connect the positive and negative terminals of the solar panel to the controller, as shown in the diagram.
- Set the correct battery voltage, and if the Battery is 36V, you need to set the solar controller to 36U after the setting is complete. Disconnect the solar panel
- To connect the Battery to the controller, if the positive and negative terminals of the Battery are reversed, it may cause a burned fuse.
- Connect the positive and negative terminals of the solar panel.
Battery voltage setting
- Press and hold the setting key for 3 seconds to enter the setting. The first line displays BAT, and the second shows the current-voltage level and flashes.
- According to the battery voltage, press the up/down button to select the right voltage.
- Select the voltage level, press and hold the setting key for 3 seconds to save.
1. Tap the setting key to check the battery voltage level.
2. tap the down key to query the current output power
3. Press the flip-up key to check the controller temperature.