Battery Balancer Connection & Wiring
A battery balancer is used to equalize the battery cells in a battery bank, keeping all the batteries at the same voltage level and improving overall performance, which is critical in a system where large batteries are grouped together.
The use of a battery balancer (24V, 48V, 96V to 192V) to turn unbalanced batteries into balanced batteries is a great way to maintain the capacity of the batteries.
In the event of damage, the balancer is usually beyond repair. Proper installation of a battery balancer becomes important.
We have put together this tutorial for ease of installation for new customers.
To easily install the balancer on your batteries, just follow the steps below.
Connecting the Battery Balancer
Connect the Balancer to the batteries in the following sequence:
1. Connect red cable to positive/+ pole. Connect black cable to negative (-) pole.
2. Connect the Batteries as shown. You can connect all + pole first and then – pole to avoid short circuit.
The Battery Equalizer must be installed on a well-ventilated vertical surface near the batteries (but NOT on top of the batteries due to possible corrosive gases!)
In the case of a series/parallel connection, the mid-point connection cables are capable of handling the current that occurs when a battery is open-circuited.
– In the case of 2 parallel strings: cross section 50% of the series connection cables.
– In case of 3 parallel strings: cross section 33% of the series interconnection cables, etc.
1. If there are extra cables, please leave the tubes of the terminals on them. This will prevent short circuits.
2. Please avoid touching any of the 16 terminals.
Wiring Diagram of Common Battery Balancers
HA01 24V Battery Balancer Wiring Diagram
HA02 48V Battery Balancer Wiring Diagram
HA03 96V Battery Balancer Wriring Diagram
Victron Battery Balancer Wiring Diagram
Any further question about battery equalization connection, please feel free to contact us.
HWB Lead Acid Battery Equalizer Installation Guide
Battery Equalization Ultimate Guide
What is Battery Balancer?